BREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT: Final Weight Class and Weigh-In Changes for October 26+
On October 26 we had planned to switch our weigh-ins to right before the first match however after much debate it has become apparent that is not what the bulk of the competitors in our tournaments want so we got busy in our laboratory trying to figure out what was the absolute fairest model we could use and we believe we have found it:
1) We have gotten rid of Friday night weigh-ins at all our events.
2) Competitors will be able to weigh-in during two designated time periods on the tournament date, for October 26 these periods will be 7am to 8:45am for Gi and 11:00am to 12:30pm for NoGi. Some of our events have NoGi going before Gi in the day so the two times would be be swapped but note the weigh-in times all events you register for just to make sure.
3) Competitors will NOT weigh-in with their gis or attire on.
4) Since we are not asking competitors to weigh-in with their gis or nogi attire, we need to use appropriate weight classes and have thus switched our weight classes from IBJJF Gi to IBJJF NoGi weight classes. For Adult Men, this is what the weight classes will now properly look like for both our gi and nogi divisions:
Light Featherweight – Under 136 lbs
Featherweight – Under 149 lbs
Lightweight – Under 162.5 lbs
Middleweight – Under 175.5 lbs
Medium Heavyweight – Under 188.5 lbs
Heavyweight – Under 202 lbs
Super Heavyweight – Over 202 lbs
5) We will not allow a pound allowance on these weight classes due to competitors need not weigh-in before their first fight nor do they need to wear their NoGi attire on the scale thus we expect everyone to make the weight, especially since you are weighing-in on a very accurate and expensive scale which will not lie to us.
6) If you register for two divisions, Gi and NoGi, you only have to weigh-in once.