Grappling Industries Toronto: Pans Edition
To qualify for the Absolutes you must win your weight division. The 5 Grand Prize Trips go to:
1) Female White Belt Absolute
2) Female Blue Belt+ Absolute
3) Male White Belt Absolute
4) Male Blue Belt Absolute
5) Male Purple/Brown Absolute
If 500 competitors sign up for this event, we will DOUBLE the amount of grand prize trips from 5 to 10 by splitting all the Absolute divisions down the middle! THAT’S A CRAZY INCENTIVE FOR THE JIU-JITSU COMMUNITY TO COME TOGETHER ONCE MORE!
There will be no Black Belt Gi division however they can register for the Advanced NoGi.
PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY BY TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22 AT 11:59pm.
Any corrections that need to be made to the competitor’s list that will be posted 5 days before registration deadline, need to be made by Wednesday, October 23, at 11:59pm. To issue a correction to the competitor’s list, please use the CONTACT tab on our website. Please read and be COMPLETELY AWARE of our DEADLINE and REFUND policies. You can read all about it HERE!
*ROUND ROBIN Gi and NoGi Tournament* You get more fights at our event than any other tournament can offer you (You can read up about our round robin format and our rules at http://grapplingindustries.com/
-Every Adult fight is recorded and uploaded FREE of charge. (We are the only event who offer this amazing gift to our competitors)
-Kids, Juniors, Adults, and Masters divisions. Kids and Juniors divisions now will go by experience.
-IBJJF Weight Divisions (http://
-This event will run 12 or 13 RINGS which will be fully barricaded from the audience!
-There will be a warm up area.
-There will a full medical team on sight.
-Sponsored Prizes for Women, Kids, and Juniors given out by our long list of sponsors.
-All of our referees are experienced, trained, and Ontario’s finest.
-Gold, Silver, and Bronze Medals for all divisions.
Check-Ins, Weigh-Ins, Start Times: Gi will go first and check-ins and weigh-ins will be conducted from 7am to 8:30am Saturday morning, October 26. NoGi will go second so NoGi weigh-ins will occur from 11am to 12:45pm although they ca check-in anytime before that if they would like to watch the tournament before they fight their divisions. If you are competing in two divisions, gi and nogi, you only need to weigh-in once. Weigh-ins occur without any attire or a gi on.
*****Please read and be COMPLETELY AWARE of our DEADLINE and REFUND policies, as well as how to collect free registrations to an event of ours. You can read all about it HERE! *****
KEY SPONSORS INCLUDE:
Fear The Fighter
The Gi Hive
Everyone in the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu community sees the same issues with tournaments, sure they offer more and more prizes but that typically means that they will raise their registration fees.
Not only have we knocked off all association and membership fees so that you never have to pay them anymore, we are also dropping the price of Adult and Masters from $70 for 1 division and $90 for 2 divisions DOWN TO $55 for 1 division and $75 for 2 divisions. The price for Kids and Juniors will also be dropped from $50 for 1 division and $65 for to 2 divisions DOWN TO $40 for 1 division and $55 for 2 divisions!
The first big change will occur to the Kids and Juniors divisions. Kids and Juniors will now be split up in gi by white belt and colored belt. Kids and Juniors will as well be split up in NoGi by beginner and advanced.
The second big change will be the rule set now used in Kids and Juniors divisions. There will no submissions allowed for white belts and beginners in the Kids and Juniors divisions. Colored belts and advanced Kids and Juniors will be able to apply submissions according to the IBJJF rule book.
1) We have gotten rid of Friday night weigh-ins at all our events.
2) Competitors will be able to weigh-in during two designated time periods on the tournament date, for October 26 these periods will be 7am to 8:45am for Gi and 11:00am to 12:30pm for NoGi. Some of our events have NoGi going before Gi in the day so the two times would be be swapped but note the weigh-in times all events you register for just to make sure.
3) Competitors will NOT weigh-in with their gis or attire on.
4) Since we are not asking competitors to weigh-in with their gis or nogi attire, we need to use appropriate weight classes and have thus switched our weight classes from IBJJF Gi to IBJJF NoGi weight classes. For Adult Men, this is what the weight classes will now properly look like for both our gi and nogi divisions:
Light Featherweight – Under 136 lbs
Featherweight – Under 149 lbs
Lightweight – Under 162.5 lbs
Middleweight – Under 175.5 lbs
Medium Heavyweight – Under 188.5 lbs
Heavyweight – Under 202 lbs
Super Heavyweight – Over 202 lbs
5) We will not allow a pound allowance on these weight classes due to competitors need not weigh-in before their first fight nor do they need to wear their NoGi attire on the scale thus we expect everyone to make the weight, especially since you are weighing-in on a very accurate and expensive scale which will not lie to us.